Friday, September 01, 2006

Picky Eaters Club: Month 5

This is Tom N-D:

'Anyone, anyone???'

This is me:

'Huh?'

So I've made FIVE recipes in August. Count 'em - one two three four five! Woohoo! I really should slow down or I may have nothing to cook in September, my last month of the project!!

Ok well obviously I won't finish the project on time, surprise suprise. So, I have decided to free myself mentally and otherwise and not have a deadline. That's right, no deadline. I will finish CL when I finish it. But I don't intend to drag it out at all, so keep reading. I will be cooking, I promise.

So let's look on the bright side; I have cooked 114 recipes out of a single book! I don't think I have ever cooked that much out of one book, so good for you, Ilana. I made some lovely dishes in August. Here's a summary:

110. Bacon Omelette - *Toast*

111. Pasta with Pesto - *Pasta*

112. Spaghetti with Ricotta and Herbs (variation) - *Pasta*

113. Mackerel and Ginger (but with salmon) - Stir Fries

114. Potato, cabbage and chorizo soup - *Soup*

Now that the weather is getting cooler, I can imagine cooking lots more soups and curries and stir-fries. I really do hope I get back on-track because I fear I'm not being a very good Tom N-D representative. Considering that out of 114 recipes I've loved about 50-75% of them, I think that is a good indication of a great cookbook. My inability to make my target date is not so much an un-love of Tom and cupboarding, but more an un-love with scheduling and plans. Gives a whole new meaning to the lazy days of summer! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Schedule, smedule. Cook your way through the book in your own time, otherwise you will miss out on the joy of the whole experiance, instead cooking things because you "have to". Kick back and enjoy the ride, Baby! :oX

Anna's kitchen table said...

Could not have said it better myself Evie! I agree wholeheartedly!
Don't put yourself under pressure Ilana, and what a great achievement already to have cooked so many recipes out of one book!!
xx

Anonymous said...

I agree with the girls - this project should be a labour of love ad not a race against the clock. Take your time and enjoy it

Lady M said...

Thank you girls. You're such great supporters. I really appreciate all the encouragement you have given me. :)