Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Playin' hookie.

I had every intention of going to work today - I promise. At 6:48am, my alarm went off. I turned it off, as per usual, and waiting until 6:52am to get out of bed. Then Rafa turned to me and said - 'stay home today -- we'll go to the beach.' Ha, you don't have to ask me twice!!!

So we went to the beach early -- around 9am. The water was calm and the breezes generous. On the hottest day of the year, it felt nice to dunk into some bone-chilling Atlantic water. We didn't stay too long, just enough to get the beach hungers in our belly.

We came home and I started to make Rafa an omelette only a bacon-lover could appreciate!

110. Bacon Omelette - *Toast*

I don't like bacon. But, perhaps the worst shock of it all is that I have never had bacon, ever. Lisa and Troy were quite shocked by this when I admitted my virgin status to them on my recent trip to Florida. 'But, have you ever had Bacos bacon bits?' No, Troy, I have never had Bacos.

I don't know why I am so opposed to bacon. I'm not a religious Jew in any shape or form. I just always thought of it as a type of oily greasy spoon type of food. It just never appealed. But, Rafa loves bacon! So it only seemed like the right thing to do.

You start off the omelette by first frying a few rashers of bacon in a pan with butter. Once it is done to your liking, you set it aside in a separate dish, with the oil and butter from the pan.


Then, some broken and seasoned eggs are added to the hot pan, and once the omelette is semi-set you add the bacon on top with butter and all.

I folded the omelette into a bread roll and served it to Rafa. It got a big thumbs up!!

There you go, easy and simple -- and perfect for a morning out on the beach when only pure comfort food will do.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Excellent! That looks really good. Although, hmm, I think maybe this was one of the recipes we were supposed to get :(. Lucky Rafa! Glad you had a great day at the beach!