Friday, July 14, 2006

Rated Double 'R'

Time for more dessert!! I said I need to get through the Afters chapter!

102. Rocky Road - *Afters*

So, for after dinner tonight, I made another 'American' classic; rocky road. Most Americans know Rocky Road as an ice-cream flavor. Tom's version is more deconstructed, and each ingredient gives its own special note.

I melted some milk chocolate and quickly tossed it with skinned hazelnuts and mini-marshmallows. I spooned some blobs of it onto some foil and let it cool.



It wasn't long before the peanut gallery discovered it!



At this point it was already evening and the kids were on a strict no-sugar policy, so this dessert was for adults only!

After the mixture cooled, I added it to some cold vanilla ice cream. The combination was heavenly. Such a simple recipe and so incredibly delicious.



Just to prove I'm not a strict person, I saved some of the blobs for the kids to have tomorrow after their lunch -- and their mummy agrees that it is ok.

This is something that kids would really enjoy as well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it a fabulous way to spend time - go visit friends and cook? And that rocky road is fab - so little effort, so much praise.

Anonymous said...

RR looks fabulous darlink and I love the way the kids are huddled around but can't have any.

MWUHAAHHAAAAA