Thursday, June 29, 2006

I'm wilting..... wilting!

On Monday, I made one of Tom's bean salads called A Winter Bean Salad. Well, the weather has taken a turn and now it's hot here, prompting me to make a different version, something I would call A Summer Bean Salad. I'm glad that Tom opened my eyes to the wonder of beans in a salad. I had almost forgotten how much I loved them. During my B.A., I was obsessed with a kidney bean and blue cheese dressing salad!! Well my hips can't handle that obsession, unfortunately, so I made a slimmer version today shortly after returning home from work.

Here's the ingredients list:

tin of kidney beans
one punnet of mixed 'designer' leaves - chicory, radicchio, and baby spinach
halved cherry tomatoes

I tossed the salad with all these ingredients and added a homemade vinaigrette - balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and lemon juice.

Verdict: Delicious!

Inspired by Tom, made with love by me; you should try it too!

I apologize for my unloving of Cupboard Love lately -- it seems as soon as it gets warm I am physically and mentally incapable of making a shopping list and really planning out my meals. I promise I will catch up soon! :) Don't forget about me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm, that looks nice & healthy, gf! Protein, veg...you're all set.
Lisa xo

Paola Westbeek said...

Wow Ilana,

You're becoming the salad queen! I'm loving that recipe! Thanks!

Paola