Saturday, April 01, 2006

You say tomatoes...

Looking at the upcoming week, I am actually a bit worried at the limited time I will be home to cook and get this project started... I feel like I've been biding my time for so long and finding loads of time to cook, but no time at all when I actually need it!

But to tide the readers over (erm, if there are any readers) for now I recently discovered while organizing my Delicious mags that I did indeed cook another one of Tom's recipes from his Delicious column. Earlier you will recall I remembered making his Polenta and Strawberry Shortcake, which was featured in Delicious UK back in July. Well I also got the UK edition that August, and for this issue Tom focused on Britain's fabulous tomato season. Inspired by my trip to Spain, I decided to make his salmorejo shortly after returning to New York. For those not familiar with this fabulous Spanish delicacy, salmorejo is a thicker cousin to the more known gazpacho... My mother-in-law is known to make a mean gazpacho so I wanted to make my Andalucian husband proud. I achieved my goal, and I can't wait to reprise this dish when it gets warmer again.


Salmorejo - Delicious UK August, 2005

No comments: