Saturday, April 01, 2006

A slight miscalculation...

It seems that my general review of the recipes in CL was lacking in that I missed a heck of a lot of recipe suggestions, mainly Tom's variations... He's really big on variations, and ordinarily I would take his suggestions quite lightly, but since the 'variations' end up being almost entirely new recipes, I suppose I should take them a bit more seriously than that! So the recipe count has been increased to 201 recipes. Yowza!!! Ok, I'm not panicking, YET! It just means I need to make 1.09 recipes a day, no problemo!

Some of the recipes that I have counted in the 201 are ones I know for a fact that I will not make; an example is the DIY: Make your own coconut milk. Tom, with all due respect, I am not stranded on a deserted island with the cast of Lost asking me to make them all a prawn korma... (Although that is a bit unfortunate as I wouldn't mind some private time with Sawyer or Jack, or both!)... so I think I will just hop over to my trusty grocery store and pick up the most authentic can of coconut milk, ok??!!!

But for the most part, I am planning to make almost all of the recipes in CL... Which means I should get a-cookin', like now! So off I go on a shopping expedition!

Watch this space for my first recipe tonight, I hope! -- Check below for the shopping list; any thoughts to what I'm making tonight??

No comments: