Thursday, June 22, 2006

Think Pink

I wanted a low-effort type of salad tonight as it is hella hot here and really craved something light. Well ya give a girl a food processor and it is amazing the things she comes up with!

I decided to make a sort of warm shrimp salad with a pungent homemade vinaigrette. The result was pink -- very pink.

The result of red onion, fresh oregano, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice -- plus an overzealous Pulse button pusher!

And the salad -- mixed mesclun leaves, shrimp, orange tomatoes, red onion slices.

I think I'll call it 'The Barbie Salad' -- and it was Malibu-tastic! Or I could be really embarrassing and say it's the 'Shrimp on the Barbie Salad' - HA!

Ok, seriously, it was pretty darn fantastic!!! We dipped our Sullivan St. sourdough into the extra sauce -- mmmmm! Pretty darn tasty, if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're buying shrimp today! This looks so good, Ilana, and it's so hot here, it sounds like the perfect dinner -thanks for the inspiration!

Rachel