Thursday, June 22, 2006

Lunchhour

Following my very happy trip to Dom's the other day, I have decided to venture out and not be one of those never-leaves-their-desk-in-the-height-of-summer type of person. But, I am also coming to the realization that I do not deserve to call myself a New Yorker, because all the hip and cool spots, I've never been, and usually, never heard of. I am fortunate to work really close to Soho, prime location for cute shops. A friend pointed out to me that there is a great little bakery in Soho. Much to my amusement, this little bakery is actually a hop, skip and a jump away from my office. Or rather, a 5-6 minute walk!

So I went there for lunch today; Sullivan Street Bakery!


I sat at the bench on the right, back against the glass-brick wall (yes I know there is a proper name for this, I just don't know it), enjoying the sunshine on a beautiful summer afternoon. Pizza patate in one hand and San Pellegrino Limonata in the other.

pictures courtesy of units.blogs.com

I felt like a student again, sitting in a piazza, with the only street food I could afford - thin crust pizza and a fizzy lemon drink. I'm so lucky and glad I live in this great city! I talk shit about it all the time, but it really is a wonderful place to be. It reminds me that although I'm a workhorse (at least some of the time) at day, I'm still a foodie by night... and the occasional lunchhour!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All hail St. Sullivan! The best bread ever! Your lunch looks fab!!