Saturday, March 18, 2006

A word of warning (AKA What makes Ilana so irresistable!)

You could call me lots of things, but brief is not one of them... In my 'real' life I'm quiet and don't really speak very much unless spoken to, avoid eye contact, quite shy with new company, etc.

I'm a completely different person when I write... in fact, at times, I feel like I don't have enough space to write everything I'm thinking... so now that I have a blog I don't know how I'll be able to curb my enthusiasm for all things culinary!! It's Day One and I've posted four times already!

That leads me to talk about my, erm, obsession with food close-ups... I will never ever agree to a close-up of myself, but my food is not so shy... or rather, their mummy (i.e. Me!) likes to show off all their beauty which includes every crevice and decorative touch. Case in point, my most recent contribution to a forum for Nigella fans:



Nigella's Chocolate Guinness Cake - in cupcake form (all dressed up for St. Patrick's Day)

I promise to keep things brief, relatively, in the future, but cannot promise no more close-ups... It's my thang!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling I love it already, shall check back in again later, with a cup of herbal tea in my hand and sit and savour some more.
Great Job.

Gravy Queen xxxxx

Karen said...

i LOVE your closeups! more please!

and if i ever made the chocolate guiness cake, it would be in cupcakes too... looks ever more like a pint of guiness this way, hey :)

kc

pistachio said...

Well done girlie, I'm enjoying it so much already, it's really great you've decided to do this. Will be checking back from time to time.

pistachio