Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Like I got nuttin' better to do...

Well it's been more than a week since I started this blog which means we are all due for an Ilana rant...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interblog Memo
March 29, 2006

TO: All people reading me blog
FROM: Duh, me!

RE: Best/Worst Food Network Shows of 2005

Dear All people reading me blog:

Doing a completely random search on Google this fine morning, I came across a blog that listed the best and worst Food Network shows of 2005. For those not in the United Steaks of America, the Food Network is a channel that shows the likes of Rachael Ray, Mario Batali, Sandra Lee, Paula Deen, etc. In my humble opinion, and only in my humble opinion, the Food Network is absolute crap crap crap. I can't even begin to tell you how crap it is... Most of the shows are highly stylized, they are so difficult for average Janes like myself to relate to, and they are just plain boring!!! Now ever since switching off cable entirely (hubby and i is poor -- donations at the door, LOL.), I have turned to the likes of WLIW, PBS, and WLIW Create.. Now, finally some intellectual and interesting fooding going on! I love Simply Ming, I love Lydia Bastianich (she squeezes plum tomatoes too!!) and Andreas Viestad/Tina Nordstrom of New Scandinavian Cooking. Fantastic!!! I can't quite put my fingers on why these are so much better, but they are!
So back to this other blog. I will post the link with a warning first: Some of the comments made by people reading it are a bit on the crass side, like there were a couple of blokey blokes who think a certain Italian chef should do the show topless, etc., but I promise you for the most part the comments are hysterical and refreshing... and I hope that Nan, of January 23 2006 at 2:10PM, hasn't copyrighted the term foodgasm because I am totally using it from now on!!!
So read and enjoy!!

Sincerely,

Duh, me!

encl: Foodie NYC Best and Worst

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm tellin' you, Ilana -- be sure to check out Rick Bayless on PBS. He has a strange cadence to his voice, in a sort of Christopher Walken kind of way, and is kind of intense. (Plus it took me a while before I could tell if he really had a gotee or not b/c its grey and really blends into his chin. (He does btw.)) But he's pretty interesting. I like the Scandanavian show, too, but I laughed out loud when I saw them out there in the snow. Couldn't turn it off, though. I hope you tune in when your PBS station shows the marathon of the old, classic Julia Child shows. That's worth a whole afternoon on the couch not answering the phone!

My brother calls that certain FoodTV star "tomato, basil and cleavage."

xo
L

Lady M said...

I'll be sure to check those out on PBS..
oh and about your brother's comment, LOLOL!