Saturday, March 25, 2006

Cupboard Like


My cupboard - after some major reorganization
My project is starting soon and I needed to reorganize a bit and make room for things that will soon join all the other contents of my cupboard.. The top shelf is a big disappointment to me-- basically 6 or so bags of dried beans and lentils I've had for ages and never manage to make a dent in... I don't know why when I buy them a little ding ding ding light doesn't go off to tell me that I am a lazy bugger and when given a choice I will always use canned beans instead of raw... Then I end up with bags of beans for the 'what if' situations that never seem to present themselves.. So that is why I am in cupboard like, not cupboard love. TND (yes still working on a fab abbreviation!) understands people like me.. Perhaps people like me are the reason he wrote CL... In the book, he gives a DIY course on cooking dried pulses (beans), so I am really looking forward to the Soup chapter for this reason.
Looking at the cupboard now, I see a few of TND's 'unmentionables', or rather his cupboard Lord Voldemorts... I guess I should be happy Tom isn't my next-door neighbor because after seeing this blog he'd storm into my kitchen and reorganize my entire cupboard while he had me locked away in the bathroom. As an example, Tom says to 'avoid stock cubes at all times' and advises to throw out all dried mixed herbs... Yikes! Now I take all of this advice with a grain of salt (haha, geddit??!) because I think to have a happy kitchen you need to fill it with items that make you feel comfortable... So I will use my stock cubes proudly throughout this project and never intend to throw out my dried mixed herbs -- I've accumulated quite the collection.. But apart from that I promise to be a good Jeannie and obey my master, Captain/Major Norrington-Davies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog is so funny, Metooka, you are cracking me up. Particularly love your gift for headline writing.