Saturday, March 18, 2006

The Book

As I said before, I am not quite sure how many recipes are in CL yet but I love the organization of the book... Here's a rundown of the table of contents:

  • Intro
  • The long and short of it: pasta
  • Fast but not furious: poor, misunderstood risotto
  • The late, late breakfast show: eggs and toast
  • A holiday package: larder salads
  • Fast and furious: stir-fries
  • Grills and spills: short-order meat and fish dinners
  • The watched pot: soup
  • Wrap it up: 'junk' food
  • Staying in for a curry (part one): Indian
  • Staying in for a curry (part two): Thai
  • Indulging a sweet tooth: 'afters'

And the book:

I have had a more specific look at the 'unmentionable' ingredients so far; the ones I do not like at this point and time and haven't really figured out how I am going to make it in the end.

The 'Unmentionables'

  • Anchovies (9 recipes)!!!
  • Bacon (6 recipes)
  • Clams (1 recipe)
  • Duck (3 recipes)
  • Tuna (6 recipes)

There may be more, but that is it for now.. I think I can stomach the rest of the food I have yet to try... only time will tell.

I am REALLY looking forward to the risotto chapter; actually I may just start there first.

The project begins April 1, 2006, so watch this space!

No comments: