Saturday, March 18, 2006

The beginning of the beginning...

After much err'ing and umm'ing, I've finally decided to embark on this journey for who knows how long... to cook every single flippin' recipe from Tom Norrington-Davies' Cupboard Love. I received this book exactly two days ago... I have moments in my life where I am entirely boring and predictable and then moments where I do the most outrageous and un-Ilana things... I guess you could figure which moment of my life this is!
I really like CL (Cupboard Love) a lot... I have to say, Nigella Lawson is still my queen.. but if there was ever a place for a Domestic God, Tom would have to take the top prize... He epitomizes everything I love about cooking.. that it doesn't have to be so flippin' hard! That you could get what you need around you, and even manage to not spend a fortune... Yay Nigella and Tom!!!
This is very important to me because I find myself not having much time.... correction, not having much patience, to go everywhere to look for ingredients, and I certainly don't have the income to pay for the more expensive ones...
So here I go to start this very fun and exciting new chapter in my life.. The logistics have not been figured out. (i.e. 'x' number of recipes in 'x' number of days) -- This is because I still haven't figured out how many recipes there really are! But all in good time, children, all in good time.

2 comments:

Karen said...

hiya Ilana *waves* glad you decided to go ahead with this blog!! looking forward to reading all about your adventure :)

kc from n.com

Lady M said...

Thanks K and KC!!!

love,
ilana