Friday, August 11, 2006

The Spanish Invasion - Day 2

Day 2 started off with pancakes! Spaniards are not used to much for breakfast -- but I figured if we're going to have a full day of touring and walking as we did on Day 1, well then I think we should have a nice breakfast. But still I went light on my guests with some silver-dollar pancakes -- these are the Jonnycakes from Nigella's How to be a Domestic Goddess. They are comprised of flour and polenta - giving a nice texture. I put some jam and syrup on the table. The favorite combo was maple syrup and lingonberry jam - mmmm!

We then started off our day walking over the Brooklyn Bridge on just about the sunniest day ever!

After walking around the South Street Seaport and lunching at Sequoia, I had to rush uptown for an interview, and then we met up to go to the Empire State Building. The weather was perfect for an eagle-eye view of the city -- here's the Chrysler Building!


After that, we walked over to Times Square. Lorena and Issac were amazed with all the lights and billboards. Times Square, I admit, is not a place I'd like to be for any length of time, but it does have that WOW factor!


Rafa: Hey, someone just took my psycho hat.
Issac: That blows, dude.

No comments: