Sunday, July 23, 2006

Improv

I'm really getting a hang of the whole cupboard-loving thing. Rafa came home today from work hungry for lunch; I hadn't planned on anything, since I was busy making a cheesecake earlier, and losing a bid on Ebay too! We had a cooked chicken breast in the fridge and some of the yummy sauce from last week's pasta. So, I decided to make an impromptu pollo al ajillo, the tapa favorite of chicken in garlic sauce.

All I did was add the oily part of the sauce to a hot pan. Then, I added the chicken breast and rubbed on the tomato/garlic part of the sauce on both sides. I put the lid on, on a low heat, and let the chicken warm through. The result -- fantastic!

The sauce was already perfectly seasoned, and it was a great dressing for the chicken. Not bad for an impromptu lunch! After Rafa was done with lunch, he left a little bit of bread, and I used the rest of it to mop of all the lovely oily sauce. Mmmmm.

No comments: