Monday, May 01, 2006

Picky Eaters Club: Month 1

Well it's May 1st, so I reckon a summary report is appropriate now. In the first month of my project, I just have to say how much fun I am already having. I liked a lot more recipes than I ever thought I would, because even though I really have the best intentions, I am a pretty picky eater still, after many years of rehabilitation. Each month I will list my faves, plus all the things I have not bought or eaten previous to this Cupboard Love project.

Ingredients for a picky eater

Leeks
Paneer
Poppadums
Tofu
Orecchiette
Bean Sprouts
Rice-Stick Noodles
Dried Shitake Mushrooms
Parmesan/Poorman'sgrana


Not bad, ey? I am sure I will have a lot to add in the coming months as there is a whole world of ingredients I have never even seen or heard of, yipee!

And now for the faves, and these are the recipes that really stood out this month!

8. Chilli and Herb Risotto - *Risotto*
11. An easy lentil soup, the Turkish way - *Soup*
13. Cheese and Tomato Omelette- *Toast*
15. Bean Curd with Peanut Sauce and Cucumber - *Stir-Fries*
22. Oven Chips - *Junk Food*
42. An Easy Pilau - *Indian*
44. Tropical Shake - *Afters*

Also, I have made a total of 45 recipes in 30 days, which brings my rate to exactly 1 1/2 recipes a day!! I'm doing pretty well, and I hope to continue on this path!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A month in, and you are doing really well! The Turkish lentil soup, is one of the recipes from CL that I have marked to try next, I think I'll give it a go this weekend having read your blog.

Actually the introduction to that recipe in the book is my favourite passage! WHen I think of it I smile!

Keep up the good work Ilana!

KJxx

Lady M said...

That soup is so lovely!! It's really like nothing I've ever tasted before, which is why it stood out for me!! Enjoy it!

xoxo
Ilana

p.s. I love that passage too!