Sunday, May 07, 2006

CL not feelin' the luv!

Today was another successful day of cooking, but again, no CL recipes. It's not that I ran out of recipes to try, I guess I just have felt like I've been neglecting my books a bit. But I'm back on the wagon this week for more cupboard lovin'.

So today I made Bill Granger's Baked Risotto with Zucchini, Tomato and Parmesan from bill's food but I varied it a bit based on what I had on hand... I used passata instead of chopped tomatoes and mushrooms instead of zucchini. I am not the type to change things too much, but I am trying to use up what I have instead of having to go out and buy new ingredients. And let's face, I'm just too lazy to go out anyway. :)

I'm particularly impressed by my poorman'sgrana shavings -- go Ilana!

Then, for dinner, I joined a cookalong I am participating in with some folks over at Nigella.com. We're cooking out of Feast, and this month are the Breakfast and Wedding Feast chapters. I decided to make an old favorite of mine; actually, it's my favorite Nigella chicken recipe full stop, the Golden Cardamon Chicken!


I guess it doesn't look like much, and for some people who haven't tried it, they're probably thinking, 'yeah, so what, it's fried chicken.' But, it's oh so special! The marinade for it is super delicious and is then fried inside-out so all its lovely juiciness stays in the chicken. It is served with crispy-onion spiced rice but this is a toned-down version with no crispy onion, but still plenty of flavor to the lovely fragrant rice! Two big thumbs up!

Watch this space for CL recipes to come shortly!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ilana,

The chicken looks great. Did you serve any vegetables with it? It seems to be crying out for some color.

Jackie

Lady M said...

Hi, Jackie. The original recipe does include garnishing with herbs, but it was a lazy Sunday night and I had thrown away all the dying herbs this weekend...

Thanks!