Wednesday, May 31, 2006

15 minute meal

Work was hectic and annoying today. I was feeling blue because of that, so I really didn't want to make too much of an effort when it came to dinner. It's for days like these that this project came alive - the days I can still cook something delicious when it is the last thing I want to do.

CL's Toast chapter contains a multitude of simple and easy dinners!

67. Devilled Shrimps - *Toast*

The recipe for these shrimps on toast comes as a variation of a Claudia Roden recipe. It is such an easy peasy recipe, and reading it I knew it would be -- I even timed myself with my oven timer.

The method is simple enough that can be recreated by anyone without precise measurements. A garlic clove is chopped and fried in some butter and oil. Then, a few spices are added (ginger, salt, cumin and paprika) along with some peeled, thawed shrimp. The shrimp heats in this yummy sauce for only about three minutes.


Then some chopped corriander (or parsley in my version) is stirred through, and the shrimp is served on some toast with a couple of lemon wedges. I had lime, so that is what I used.



Now I'll do a classic Ina Garten (Barefoot Snot-essa) - 'how easy was that?' - errrrrrrr! I promise to not quote her again. But it really was that easy. 15 minutes from start to finish -- beat that Rachael Ray... Ha! Now you could tell I was in bitch-mode today!


Anyway these were really fantastic and I urge each and every one of you to make these very very soon. No need to send me presents in appreciation - thank-you cards suit me just fine. ;)

No comments: