Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Addicted to Blogging

Tonight was a non-cooking night... tonight, rather today, was my 3rd wedding anniversary!!! It's 9:28pm as I'm typing this. Rafa is asleep in the next room. He sleeps a lot; we think he may be pregnant! I have the TV muted and House is on with closed-captioning... My landlady has knocked the door and rung our bell about six times, and I'm trying to be as quiet as possible so she thinks we're not home. She obviously knows we're home, otherwise why would she be so persistent!! The issue is rent and I don't want to pay it, haha! Not until payday that is!!! So for the first time in my life I feel like an official adult! Running away from responsiblity and not being upset that my husband went to bed at 8pm on our anniversary night!

You may ask yourself what this has to do with food... well nothing I guess, but I had the urge to write, and now I have the medium.

We did go to an interesting BBQ joint in Chelsea. The type of place where you feel like you ingested an entire cow - or chicken in our case - because it is so difficult to move without hurting your belly. This was followed by the most uncomfortable train ride home; it was literally packed to the gills, some train trouble I suppose, what else is new. But it wasn't so bad because we both had someone to be silly with on the train, and I guess that is what it's all about, huh?

I had met Rafa at the restaurant after work and he surprised me with my favorite flowers; tulips! It's been ages since he bought me flowers. I was so happy and felt all giddy. There are times when I think he just doesn't get it, and then he does something quite unexpected and it reassures me what a great thing we have going...

Ok enough sappiness. I am off to watch my muted House now and into bed I go at 10pm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love tulips too! They cheer me up and help me realise spring is around the corner. Happy Anniversary!

Paola Westbeek said...

Happy Anniversary, Ilana.

Also wanted to let you know that I'm reading your blog and enjoying every entry. Makes me a bit nostalgic about NYC as well.

PS: You'd have a ball here in Tulipland!
Paola